Senior Software Development Engineer - iOS
What you’ll do
- You’ll work as part of a self-organised Mobile engineering team to design and develop software features that are delightful and vital to the lives of credit card consumers across all walks of life
- You'll work with the engineering manager (and the team) to evaluate technical risks and technology choices
- Be a technical evangelist both within the team and outside, coaching and/or mentoring other more junior engineers as appropriate
- Write well-factored, well-tested code both in the iOS app and backend orchestration services
- Work with senior engineers across other teams to ensure that our mobile offering stays compelling both for end-users and for the engineers working on it
- Your focus is on a major portion of existing or new team software (e.g., significant component, set of features, mid-size application or service)
What we’re looking for
- Strong programming skills with a good working knowledge of Swift and modern iOS toolsets like Git, Xcode, XCTest, XCUITest and Jenkins
- A capable, technical lead, who is willing to help grow and guide junior engineers towards appropriate target architectures
- Diverse technical experience, perhaps with history or exposure to backend engineering
- You’ll have a proven ability to deliver high quality applications at scale
- You’re an advocate for quality and can support the team leveraging approaches such as Pair Programming, TDD and BDD
What you’ll get to learn (any previous experience would be advantageous)
- Working with the cloud/AWS and the opportunities that it brings
- Solving real world problems and being comfortable working in a complex regulated environment
Where and how you'll work
This is a permanent position and is based in our London office.
Our core in-the-office days are Tuesday to Thursday - you’ll be led by your team, the type of work you do and of course your preferences.
Many of our team have flexible working patterns so we’re open to discuss flexible working arrangements with you.
What’s in it for you
- Bring us all this - and you’ll be well rewarded with a role contributing to the roadmap of an organisation committed to transformation
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and accessible facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
What you should know about how we recruit
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it’s about what you do, not just what you say. That’s why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few:
- REACH – Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement for associates from minority ethnic groups and allies
- OutFront – to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
- Mind Your Mind – signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
- Women in Tech – promoting an inclusive environment in tech
- EmpowHER - network of female associates and allies focusing on developing future leaders, particularly for female talent in our industry
If you require a reasonable adjustment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org All information will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose of applying a reasonable adjustment.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sign up for job alerts
Don’t see a role that’s right for you? Don’t fret. You can sign up for our job alerts and we’ll make sure to let you know when the right one comes up.