At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Tomahawk is part of the Capital One UK Software Engineering team. It is responsible for the technical platform feeding all UX clients, web and mobile via well architected micro-services, all build in AWS to be highly available, scalable and secure. Architecting and building these services to be performant is fundamental in allowing the business to achieve its long-term goals within our financial regulated environment.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate passion for quality and software craftsmanship and enjoy working in a microservices organisation. With operational excellence in mind you will be taking on the challenge of
- Deliver products in the cloud always considering scale, security, availability and performance.
- Be an integral part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and use your technical breadth and depth in multiple areas of the business.
- Use a data-driven approach and problem-solving skills to design solutions that deliver value to our customers.
- Design, develop and maintain high quality micro-services using SOLID principles
- Work collaboratively across teams
- Ownership of CI/CD pipelines
What we’re looking for:
- Good communicator, willing to share, learn and teach
- Team player
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Understanding of SOA, HTTP and REST
- Java, Spring, Mavern
- Micro-service development
- Familiar with Agile framework
- Strong leadership
- Strong problem-solving skill
- Awareness of cloud infrastructure
- Beneficial Experience (but not essential)
- Worked in financial sector
- Good experience of delivering product in cloud, e.g. AWS
- Experienced in financial regulated industry
What’s in it for you:
Bring us all this - and you’ll be rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation.
We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve.
We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter tag.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).