At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Strategy and Analytics Associate
Senior Strategy and Analytics Associate
Salary - Competitive
Location - London
We issued our very first credit card way back in 1996 and have since grown to become one of the UK's top ten card providers. From day one, our business has been about helping people succeed with credit.
From innovative tools like our QuickCheck eligibility checker, to the way we're driving positive change across the finance industry. It's no wonder we're the only card provider with a 4-star rated credit card from Fairbanking.
What you’ll be doing;
Joining our Business Analyst job family, you will have responsibility for solving the interesting and intellectually challenging problems that allow us to grow.
Specifically, you will;
- Join our Marketing or Analytics teams and set the agenda for either our Credit, Product or Marketing strategies
- Work fluently with a variety of information sources; connecting detailed analysis of our customer level data with qualitative feedback from user research or line operations
- Synthesize and articulate the insights arising from this information into coherent market-facing strategies that deliver sustainable growth and positive customer
- Present to and work with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to deliver on this strategic intent
- Continually review and evaluate the impact of your strategies in light of external market and economic conditions – optimizing for further innovation and understanding
- If London based – you’ll be flexible to visit our Nottingham HQ on a weekly basis
We expect to see;
- Whether demonstrated through academic or professional experience, you’ll be at ease with numbers and enjoy solving problems that present numerically
- You’ll have examples of where your outstanding judgement and critical thinking has delivered business impact
- A desire and drive to succeed. You’ll be used to working across multiple teams and consider broad business perspectives
- Example achievements that show a high level of ownership and where you’ve made things happen through your ambition and focus on results
- An open mindset in your approach to change and personal development
What’s in it for you;
- Ownership and empowerment from day one. You’ll be set-up for career growth with one of the best employers in the UK (Glassdoor, Best Places to Work 2018).
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great leaders through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to include and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
- Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter page
Date Apps Open - 30/07/2019
Date Apps Close - 27/08/2019
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).