At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One's UK Information Assurance and Risk Management team is seeking an experienced, highly motivated person to drive forward our Third Party Security Assurance programme. The ideal candidate will have strong technical, organisational and communication skills.
The UK Information Assurance - Third Party Management team is a dynamic function, with a focus on protecting our customers’ data and enabling our business. We work closely with our partners and suppliers to understand how our customers’ data is protected while in their control. The successful candidate will be part of a growing team, working closely with supplier management teams across the wider UK Enterprise as well as with our partners and third parties to establish best practice and be a Contributor to the wider global third party security Strategy for Capital One.
- Handle the pressure – you are the Go-To security contact for multiple business teams
- Be a collaborator – you will identify and communicate requirements to enable the engagement’s compliance with the Capital One IA TPM program requirements related to security and IT operational due diligence activities
- Be the expert – you will provide subject matter expertise in support of contract negotiations related to the information protection and business continuity control, and technical support services requirements -
- Join a quick response team – you will conduct assessments of Partners’ and critical third parties’ controls (will require travel), some planned well in advance, and some on short notice
- Be an educator – you will assist Partners and critical third parties, third party managers, and/or Accountable Executives with understanding risks identified by IA TPM
- Be a communicator – you will present information and influence change at senior management level
- Be dependable – you will quickly analyse information security controls, produce clearly written assessments, and provide constructive action items to third parties
- Be a negotiator – you will ensure the business is able to move forward with industry leading technology and relationships all the while ensuring the safety and security of our customers’ data
- Be a change agent – you will identify and implement process improvements
- Be a superstar – you will present information and influence change at the executive management level
- Be a leader – inspire others to go beyond what they think they're capable of
All About You:
- Be a self-starter and own relationships and outcomes in a well-managed way
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders to do the right thing
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and learn and drive the right outcome.
- Practical hands-on experience in a Risk Management, ideally within a large organisation
- Strong knowledge of Information Security and Compliance
- Experience with regulatory requirements such as PCI
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience of people management
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, desirable.
- CISA, CISM, CRISC and other relevant certifications.
- Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).Apply now