Cloud Engineering Manager
Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Manager
What you’ll do:
- Lead a cloud focused engineering team where you’ll be responsible for Capital One staff and vendor supplied engineers in an onshore/offshore model
- Coach, develop and mentor technical engineers to achieve their technical, business and personal goals
- Seek opportunities to modernise, consolidate, simplify, standardise and adopt enterprise services
- Engage in activities lead by the Supplier Management Office to manage the relationship with third party system providers for in scope systems, including RFP and contract renewal
- Partnering with counterparts in Enterprise CapitalOne to develop and implement CapitalOne’s observability strategy and roadmap
- Drive effectiveness and efficient platform maintainability, availability, stability and support
- Provide a consistent, agreed level of service on in scope systems, successfully delivering platform upgrades and changes on time
- Develop your own technical leadership skills
What we’re looking for
- You have experience of leading Engineering teams to achieve business goals
- You know how to be successful with distributed and 3rd party teams
- You are a strong communicator and partner well across Engineering to share best practice and code to increase efficiency and reduce waste
- You use data to support decision-making, and know how to determine which Engineering investments deliver the most business value
- You have SaaS and Vendor Management experience
- Knowledge and experience of SDLC, Agile and ITIL Foundations
- Broad experience of observability theory and practice
- You have a passion for recruiting and developing great engineering talent
- You have experience of and an enthusiasm for Public Cloud, our target infrastructure and direction of travel
Where and how you'll work
This is a permanent position and is based in our Nottingham offices. We’ve adopted a flexible hybrid working model - one that creates the opportunity to work in your own way, but also provides great spaces for in-person collaboration.
Our core in-the-office days are Tuesday to Thursday - you’ll be led by your team, the type of work you do and of course your preferences. Many of our team have flexible working patterns so we’re open to discuss flexible working arrangements with you.
We are committed to creating a level playing field and seek to create teams that are representative of our customers and the communities we serve. We’d love to hear from you if you identify with a typically under-represented group in our industry and are particularly keen to hear from women and ethnic minority candidates.
What’s in it for you
- Bring us all this - and you’ll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation
- We’re continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve
- We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
What you should know about how we recruit
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it’s about what you do, not just what you say. That’s why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few:
- REACH – Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement for associates from minority ethnic groups and allies
- OutFront – to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
- Mind Your Mind – signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
- Women in Tech – promoting an inclusive environment in tech
- EmpowHER - network of female associates and allies focusing on developing future leaders, particularly for female talent in our industry
If you require a reasonable adjustment, please contact email@example.com All information will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose of applying a reasonable adjustment.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sign up for job alerts
Don’t see a role that’s right for you? Don’t fret. You can sign up for our job alerts and we’ll make sure to let you know when the right one comes up.