At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Data Product Manager
If transforming the way data is used to solve Business problems and make a positive impact is your thing, then keep reading. We’re on the lookout for a Data Product Manager to join our Marketing and Analytics function based in Nottingham.
In this role you’ll work with lots of internal folks, finding out and defining what their needs might be, and then looking at the bigger picture to help provide solutions for them.
Our Data Scientists need a new capability, or tool to help them analyse data and build models? No problem – that’s where you come in.
You’ll be someone who can walk in the shoes of our technical users (a love of data and coding experience is key here), understand their problems and bring solutions to life by engaging with the relevant teams, using your fantastic influencing skills. Breaking it down into non-technical talk for stakeholders is also key, and once you’ve got your product up and running, you’ll see first hand the impact it has for your users – pretty cool huh?
What do our Data product Managers do?
- Work closely with development teams, designers, and others to deliver features that will help positively impact your colleagues own roles
- Integrate business analytics in every aspect of design and development, and define metrics to measure the success of products
- Help define overall product roadmap for the business goal you’ll contribute to
- Make recommendations to senior stakeholders on your suggestions, and drive a consensus of agreement for your product
- Define your users’ needs, and use a logical focus to then work on those needs, determining what the business impact will be and prioritisation required
- Use data to transform the way we work, always looking at how we can continually grow
- Learn about (or grow your knowledge on) how credit works so you can help us to disrupt it from the inside out
Who are we looking for?
- You love the process of analyzing and creating, but also share our passion to do the right thing. You know at the end of the day it’s about making the right decision for our customers and colleagues
- You have experience of identifying business opportunities and translating them into products in the technology or digital arenas
- You bring a commercial approach, appreciating and using the impact digital experiences have on customer outcomes and business results
- You’re excited to get into the guts of data and data technology, and you’ll have experience of coding (Python, R,SQL, .net), including an exposure to Machine learning (you’ll be working with Data Scientists so it’s key in understanding their world)
- You’ve got good Maths skills – these will come in handy when looking at data, understanding any trends and optimising Product ROI
- You work well with diverse teams, partnering across the organisation to navigate an ambiguous and quickly changing environment
What’s in it for you?
Bring us all this - and you’ll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap an organisation committed to transformation
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
- Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter page
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).