At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Finance Analytics Principal Associate
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analytics Principal Associate to join Capital One’s UK Finance Team.
The Finance Analytics team is responsible for producing analysis that influences the future of the UK business. That can be anything from modelling the financial implications of launching a new product, putting together analysis to support investment in our business, or looking at the impact that changes in regulation will have on our financial results. Every day is different.
You will report into the Finance Analytics Manager, and be responsible for delivering work that influences and impacts business decisions. This is not a process-driven role: you are expected to seek out areas where you can add value and drive that work forward.
You will work closely with all areas of Finance to ensure a joined-up view for strategic forecasts and analysis, and provide finance knowledge and insight on business inputs, as well as partner with stakeholders through the UK business to ensure your analysis reflects the latest thinking and is in line with business needs.
This is a fixed term maternity cover contract for 12 months.
- Produce analytics that add insight and drive decisions
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to identify opportunities to add value through analytics
- Deliver long-term financial forecasts to help UK leadership understand trajectory of the business
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced finance professional, with several years’ post qualification experience, ideally in the financial services industry
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize a large amount of data into key themes and trends, spotting any anomalies and building a comprehensive story
- Experience of financial modelling and forecasting
- Strong collaboration, communication and influencing skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and connecting a variety of inputs and stakeholders to form a credible story
- Able to learn new subject matter quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks effectively
- Experience with SQL or Python would be advantageous (but not necessary)
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).