At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Graduate Design Programme
Help us make credit simple
On our Design programme, you’ll bring big ideas to life and bridge the gap between finance and users. Whether it’s creating video content to show off our products on social media, or creating beautifully simple experiences for millions of people.
Design is a huge part of our business, so you have a diverse range of roles to explore:
- Join us as a Creative Designer, and you’ll create solutions for our customer touch points on our mobile app, website and communication channels.
- If words are your thing, a copywriter role could be perfect for you. You’ll use your creative skills to write compelling copy that captures people’s interest and helps guide them through their finances in a simple way.
- If you’re obsessed with user journeys and experiences, UX design could be the perfect fit. You’ll create simple and beautiful designs to help our people navigate through our products.
Whatever your passion, you can try a number of Design roles to see what’s best suited to you.
You’ll be more than a photoshop guru
To join us in any of these roles, you’ll have a love for creativity, an inquisitive nature and a genuine desire to help people. We’re excited to see how you solve problems, and are always open to new and diverse ideas. You’ll learn to create and present your ideas, and get really comfortable putting your creativity to maximum use. You’ll work in a collaborative environment and partner with experts across an international organisation. Each new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow - and we’ll be there to support you every step of the way.
Knowing your way around the Adobe Suite and other design tools is a great start, but as long as you have a creative mind, our training will cover everything you need to know. We’ll equip you with the technical skills you’ll need, while helping you develop communication, influence and stakeholder management skills (all of which are super valuable as a designer).
What’s in it for you
- We offer exciting and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University and external training.
- Enjoy great benefits like generous holiday entitlement, bonus pay, pension scheme and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave.
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can boost your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or enjoy an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café.
Find out more through our UK careers site (www.capitalonecareers.co.uk) or by checking our @IAmCapitalOne Twitter page.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).