At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Head of Fraud Strategy
Placing you centre stage in a business built on rigorous analytics and risk management, your responsibilities will include;
- Fraud Management – leading the definition and management of our fraud and disputes strategy from a first line perspective
- Lead a team of fraud specialists to ensure ongoing industry leading fraud performance
- Be accountable for our fraud losses and ensure performance remains within appetite
- Own and manage the credit oversight program for UK Fraud with support from Enterprise Fraud
- Provide consultancy to other intent and product owners across the business to ensure business change is delivered in line with fraud risk appetite and with appropriate fraud controls
- Represent Capital One at industry forums and events (e.g. UK Finance, Cifas, SIRA steering, various conferences)
- Assess new technology and ensure Capital One remains one step ahead of fraud. Build relationships with vendors and understand what new products and services are worth pursuing
What we expect to see
- Significant experience leading a fraud strategy or fraud analysis function within a financial services organisation
- Ability to manage varying workload and solve for both the short and the long term
- A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics; a strong quantitative orientation matched with conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to combine business experience and insights with econometric and statistical modelling skills to reach results that are both intuitive and technically sound
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, balanced approach to business
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a mathematical subject
What’s in it for you;
- You’ll have the opportunity to lead a fraud team who won big at this year’s Card & Payment Awards
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great leaders through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you.
- Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms
- Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter page
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).