Infrastructure Engineer - AWS Fargate, ECS, EKS
Infrastructure Engineer - AWS Fargate, ECS, EKS
About this role
Build, maintain and support the infrastructure for the UK and provide Compliant base Container Images for developers to consume. You'll have the opportunity to work across teams and provide support and consultancy services for Containers and onboarding to OneKube.
What you’ll do
- Deliver core infrastructure from code that the rest of our line of business depends on
- Enhance our AWS account design, deployment and validation mechanisms including serverless containers.
- Design, develop and maintain high quality Core Infrastructure services
- Work collaboratively across teams spanning multiple time zones
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience as a Linux system administrator; building and supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- Solid understanding of Cloud (preferably AWS)/Virtual Compute platforms and their supporting infrastructure, including full operating system machine Image and Container creation and management
- Familiarity with the concepts of infrastructure as code, test driven development and automated deployment of infrastructure solutions (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- We are committed to creating a level playing field and seek to create teams that are representative of our customers and the communities we serve. We’d love to hear from you if you identify with a typically under-represented group in our industry and are particularly keen to hear from women and ethnic minority candidates.
What you’ll get to learn (any experience would be advantageous)
- A range of DevOps tooling, such as GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins etc
- Hands on experience of Chef, Puppet or Ansible as a configuration management tool
- Hands on experience of complex Jenkins pipelines
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Agile software development methods and working as part of an Agile Team
- Designing Enterprise solutions for core infrastructure
Where and how you'll work
This is a permanent position and is based in our Nottingham offices. We're currently working fully remote until 7th September after which time we're adopting a flexible hybrid working model - one that creates the opportunity to work in your own way, but also provides great spaces for in-person collaboration.
Our core in-the-office days are Tuesday to Thursday, but they aren't mandatory - you’ll be led by your team, the type of work you do and of course your preferences. Many of our team have flexible working patterns so we’re open to discuss flexible working arrangements with you.
You can read more about the full announcement from our Founder and CEO Rich Fairbank here: Update on CapitalOne.com
What’s in it for you
- Bring us all this - and you’ll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation
- We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve
- We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music room
What you should know about how we recruit
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it’s about what you do, not just what you say. That’s why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few:
REACH – Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement for associates from minority ethnic groups and allies
OutFront – to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
Mind Your Mind – signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
Women in Tech – promoting an inclusive environment in tech
EmpowHER - network of female associates and allies focusing on developing future leaders, particularly for female talent in our industry
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org All information will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose of applying a reasonable adjustment.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.