What you’ll do:
● Deliver core infrastructure from code that the rest of our line of business depends on ● Continued support, maintenance and development of our core systems, enhancing our internal Customers’ journeys on their path to CI/CD ● Enhance our AWS account design, deployment and validation mechanisms ● Design, develop and maintain high quality Core Infrastructure services ● Work collaboratively across teams spanning multiple time zones
What we’re looking for:
● Previous experience as a Linux system administrator; building & supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
● Solid understanding of Cloud / Virtual Compute platforms and their supporting infrastructure, including Full OS Machine Image and Container creation and management
● Solid understanding of High Availability strategies, preferably with Cloud in mind
● Familiarity with the concepts of infrastructure as code, test driven development and automated deployment of infrastructure solutions
● Strong scripting and automation skills in various languages (such as Python, Ruby, BASH, Powershell, etc.)
● Good communicator who is willing to share and teach amongst peers
What you’ll get to learn (any experience would be advantageous):
● A range of DevOps tooling, such as GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins etc
● Hands on experience of Chef as a configuration management tool
● Hands on experience of complex Jenkins pipelines
● Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services
● Agile software development methods and working as part of an Agile Team
● Designing Enterprise solutions for core infrastructure
● Working in a fast paced, complex regulated environment
What’s in it for you:
● Bring us all this - and you’ll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation
● We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve
● We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
● We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
● Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
● Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms
● Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter tag
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.