At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Network Engineer you’ll work as part of a high performing team covering a breadth of technologies. You’ll provide technical expertise and support for Capital One UK’s Network & Firewall Infrastructure. Your role will encompass technical analysis, project design/delivery, supporting BAU services and contributing to the wider organization.
You’ll be expected to have excellent solid core network skills and Cisco Data Centre experience and you’ll need to help cover 24/7 support by being on call every 1 in 7 weeks.
Here’s some of the key responsibilities:
- Delivering Change to the Infrastructure as required through Refresh, BAU and Security Compliance activities
- Identifying and Implementing Service Improvements Plans
- Be the subject matter expert for at least one technology platform
- Identifying and Managing Risks and Issues
- Working with Cloud Engineering teams to understand future changes to Systems, Services and Skills required to support
- Mentoring, motivating and encouraging others in the appropriate use of allocated technologies
- Maintaining sufficient technical awareness of technologies
What experience and skills you’ll need;
- High level knowledge of Cisco Enterprise DC and WAN components; BGP, OSPF, QoS
- Cisco routing, cisco switching and Cisco Data Center Fundamentals (spanning tree & VPC)
If you can bring any of these additional skills we’ll be bowled over;
- Technical knowledge of networking/security infrastructure technologies; BlueCoat Proxy, F5 Appliances, Aruba Wi-Fi, Checkpoint Firewalls or Tufin
- Good working knowledge of Amazon Web Services; Specifically, around connectivity requirements, VPCs, NACLs, SGs
- Strong understanding of security principles and how they apply to infrastructure technologies
- Accreditation in allocated technologies, ideally Cisco or Checkpoint
- Strong consultation and customer interaction skills, able to articulate technical information to non-technical audience
- Exposure to Agile / Kanban methodology
What’s in it for you;
Bring us all this - and you’ll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation.
We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have scale, security, availability and performance problems for you to help solve.
We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future.
We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers).
Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, enhanced parental leave,
open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you.
Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms.
In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter tag.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).