Network Operations Lead
About this role
You’ll provide support and leadership to a Team of Capital One Associates in delivering service for the Network and Firewall Infrastructure. You’ll work with a team of Capital One associates, offshore partners and critical suppliers, ensuring that SLAs, Compliance, Budget, Risk and Service stability are balanced.
What you’ll do
- You'll be responsible for the management, maintenance, and availability of our DC/WAN, campus and security infrastructure
- Provide guidance with technical direction and mentoring to engineers and be an escalation point for customers.
- Working with Engineering/Delivery to understand future architectural road-maps
- Perform analysis of network needs and ensuring a understanding of future network engineering and implementation building strong relationships with team and peers
- You’ll own and develop assigned areas of management - Service/BAU operations inc oncall rota, Managing Controls & Security compliance
- Partner with UK Resiliency and Recovery to deliver compliance with the Resiliency and Recovery Standard for the infrastructure in scope
- Working closely and building a relationship with Critical Suppliers (Carriers, 3rd Party Call Centres, System Manufacture Support etc.)
What we’re looking for
- Technical Leader/Manager of an IT Support Function with people management responsibilities
- Broad technical knowledge of one or more infrastructure technologies, including but not exclusive Cisco Networking DC/WAN, BlueCoat Proxy, F5 platform, Palo Alto/Checkpoint, AWS networking
What you’ll get to learn (any experience would be advantageous)
- Other Infrastructure Technologies, including AWS, Compute, Voice and Monitoring
- Understanding of modern web application architectures and their dependencies/integration on infrastructure/cloud services
- Strong understanding of security principles and how they apply to infrastructure technologies
- Good knowledge of core IT processes e.g. ITIL / Agile
Where and how you'll work
This is a permanent position and will be based in our Nottingham offices. We’ve adopted a flexible hybrid working model - one that creates the opportunity to work in your own way, but also provides great spaces for in-person collaboration.
Our core in-the-office days are Tuesday to Thursday, but they aren't mandatory - you’ll be led by your team, the type of work you do and of course your preferences. Many of our team have flexible working patterns so we’re open to discuss flexible working arrangements with you.
You can read more about the full announcement from our Founder and CEO Rich Fairbank here: Update on CapitalOne.com
We are committed to creating a level playing field and seek to create teams that are representative of our customers and the communities we serve. We’d love to hear from you if you identify with a typically under-represented group in our industry and are particularly keen to hear from women and ethnic minority candidates.
What’s in it for you
- Bring us all this - and you’ll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation
- We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve
- We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music room
What you should know about how we recruit
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it’s about what you do, not just what you say. That’s why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few:
- REACH – Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement for associates from minority ethnic groups and allies
- OutFront – to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
- Mind Your Mind – signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
- Women in Tech – promoting an inclusive environment in tech
- EmpowHER - network of female associates and allies focusing on developing future leaders, particularly for female talent in our industry
If you require a reasonable adjustment, please contact email@example.com All information will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose of applying a reasonable adjustment.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.