At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Our Product Design philosophy at Capital One
We’ve invested heavily in building a strong digital practice that speaks directly to our mission of making credit simple. Our digital transformation has challenged us, taught us how to be creative and helped us bring to life a roadmap for customer servicing that stands alongside the best in the industry. Despite our progress, we want to do better. The Product Design practice is central to our continuous improvement.
UX and UI Designers partner with Product and Engineering within a Tribes model. Each Tribe owns its own roadmap, commercials and a customer-facing agenda. Our UX Designers advise and work alongside tribe leadership and hold the reigns of the product experience for our mobile app, web servicing and agent experience. They work embedded with engineering teams using Agile delivery, co-creating and optimising our product experience continuously. UI Design leads act as guardians of our brand experience, ensuring the continuity and consistency of our design language.
Both work upstream to plan and shape roadmaps, and deep in sprints to address and resolve delivery challenges. We’re not a digitally native business, so our Product Designers have to be strong collaborators, communicators and facilitators. Willing to reach out to partners across the business, demonstrating strong leadership and accepting shared responsibility for our successes and failures.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to join the design team.
The role will be based in London, with occasional travel to our office in Nottingham, for events or meetings.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with product management, development teams, researchers, and other design team members to apply strategic thinking to design effective, engaging end to end experiences which balance user needs, business goals, and technological realities across platforms.
- Support lead designers in ideation sessions and workshops with partners across the business to develop ideas that address both customer and business needs.
- Be an active member of the Design team, working openly with colleagues to co-create solutions, review work and maintain a high standard of output.
- Communicate concepts at a high level using sketches, wireflows, block diagrams etc. Deliver detailed designs using wireframes, prototypes and any other method you agree with partners, to effectively communicate interaction and design intent.
- Work in partnership with the Research and Strategy teams to plan and execute research (you may be asked to moderate and lead on research yourself).
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with engineering teams, get to know their needs, operational challenges, opportunities and cadence in order to get your solution into the hands of the user.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design, Computer Science or other related field.
- Proven experience (in-house or client-side) designing digital products and features for mobile or desktop, native app or web.
- Portfolio demonstrating your UX design process and visual design.
- Skilled using tools such as Sketch, Framer, InVision, Adobe Suite.
- Experience working in an Agile development process.
- Effective communication and organisational skills.
What’s in it for you;
We offer exciting and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers).
Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans and a cycle to work scheme
Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. Our London office hosts a rooftop running track and was recently recognised as one of Glassdoor’s ‘Unbelievable Offices’.
Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/)
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).