At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Insight Analyst
Reporting into the CTO our team is responsible for providing:
Analysis and insight on the UK Tech Performance
Producing the monthly Tech Regulatory and Governance reporting
Execute and govern the UK Tech budget and Financial Management
Programme Governance of Cross organisational Change
Responsible for business partnering with the business to produce high quality, accurate and timely reporting that effectively informs and drives the investment portfolio of the business.
Responsible for the preparation of governance material to cover monthly business performance, leveraging context and integrative thinking to produce high quality content.
Champion data driven decision making, using key performance indicators, models and tools, ensuring practices across UK Tech Delivery and the wider business are integrated to optimise analysis and insight,
Responsible for influencing change through ways of working and processes, supporting the CTO to continue the transformation of UK Tech Delivery.
Responsible for identifying areas to increase efficiency, automation of processes, data quality and production.
Key focus on supporting the team - the Delivery Management Office (DMO) on their journey of improving the transparency of the investment portfolio to stakeholders from Board members through to Delivery teams
Contributing to the maturity of the team through developing wider business, industry and professional awareness.
Experience / Essential Skills
Exceptional stakeholder management with presence and impact to influence senior stakeholders.
Proven analytical skills. Able to demonstrate a methodical and adaptable approach. Able to synthesise information into meaningful output for senior stakeholders.
Experience of exec level reporting. Strong data visualisation / documentation skills with the ability to create relevant documentation.
Experienced in data analytics and able to build models using Excel, Tableau, SAS and/or Open Source tools
Programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle and Python
Resilient to change, able to drive to clarity in ambiguous situations and adapt quickly.
Enthusiasm to motivate others. Commitment to be part of a team and to support others in making the wider team a success.
Business focussed with a strong appreciation for/background in IT & working with 3rd party suppliers.
Experience and knowledge of financial management and capacity planning.
Financial services experience with a specific understanding of risk and regulatory programmes
Line Management experience
Experienced in using delivery tools such as Jira.
What’s in it for you:
- Bring us all this - and you’ll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation.
- We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve.
- We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
- Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter tag.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).