At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Service Transition Analyst
As a Service Transition Analyst in our UK Service Transition Team no two days will be the same!
You will get tons of autonomy in this role and be part of a growing team which is evolving and maturing in its ability.
The UK Service Transition team is focused on ensuring a consistent and seamless approach to the transition of services to the production environment. You will work in partnership with our Agile delivery world and technical support teams to ensure minimal impact and required support of all new services and changes to existing services.
Here's some of the key responsibilities;
- Manage, track and prioritize service requirements for new/changed services and manage them through to completion
- Identify all Production Readiness activities and ensure they are in place for go live (Release, Change management, CMDB changes).
- Track and manage service risks, working closely with business and service stakeholders
- Manage and influence decisions for service acceptance and production readiness
- Input in to the management of the release schedule for all service streams
- Provide advice and recommend go-no go decisions based upon final status for production deployments
- Ensure that key support functions are aware, prepared and capable of supporting any new or amended deployed services
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Service Transition processes and procedures and ensuring these are adhered to by all support project teams including third parties.
- Act as Change Manager for assigned intents, providing final sign off for production deployment
- Identification of production readiness risks, escalating appropriately and proposing next steps
What experience and skills you’ll need;
- Strong acceptance/Transition into Service experience
- An understanding and experience of implementing into a live IT infrastructure environment
- Experience of Agile Project Management methodology
- ITIL Foundation V3 level accreditation infrastructure or equivalent
You’ll also have strong technical, influencing and communication skills and be comfortable working through ambiguity to reach agreed conclusions.
Here’s what else is in it for you;
We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).