Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One is looking for a talented Cyber Security Analyst with traditional network security and cloud infrastructure monitoring experience to join our Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC) in Nottingham. The Senior Associate CSOC Analyst position will require a deep knowledge of network protocols and infrastructure, log investigation techniques, knowledge and understanding of cloud infrastructures, and incident handling experience. Not only will you need to know about the threats to networks, applications, cloud infrastructure, and theory regarding network protocols, but also the ability to proactively identify signs of misuse and abuse using various log sources.
It is your responsibility to find the threat actors attempting to attack the Capital One infrastructure and identify and stop any malicious actors who make it past our defences. In addition to the technical skills, you will need to be a leader, someone who enjoys training and mentoring teammates, and a person who can encourage and elevate the team.
- Significant experience conducting Cyber Security investigations
- Hands on experience with system, cloud, application and network logs
- Previous experience analysing and identifying network traffic
- Exposure to PCAP analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or equivalent military experience.
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Exposure to working with SIEMs and evaluating SIEM alerts
- Comfortable leveraging core security, cloud, and infrastructure technologies during investigations
- Prior working experience administering or investigating Mac OS, Linux OS
- One or more of the following certifications (CISSP, CISM, CCSP, Security+, CEH SANS GIAC 503 or 504, AWS Security)
What’s in it for you:
- We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve.
- We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting-edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
- Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter tag.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment, please contact email@example.com All information will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose of applying a reasonable adjustment.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Live a healthy life with our private health insurance which is free for your family.
Stay in shape with our on-site gym in Nottingham and rooftop running track in London.
Work-life balance is important to us. So, we are open to flexible working to support your lifestyle.
We are able to support you with relocation if needed. And we offer an interest-free travel ticket and stock purchase plan.
You'll get access to vast amounts of internal and external conferences and a dedicated internal training platform.
We are proud to support our local tech communities with various meet-ups and events for you to get involved in.
Cyber at Capital One
The UK Cyber team is part of the bigger US Cyber enterprise. This means that the UK Cyber team benefits from small company agility with big company resources.
As one of the UK’s top ten credit card providers, keeping our millions of customers safe is vital to our business. For a Cyber professional like you, that means an opportunity to make a difference, learn and grow.
We’re making finance simpler and more human. So our cutting-edge products need to work for our consumers as well as being super secure.
In Cyber at Capital One, we do things at a fast pace in a CI/CD environment. We’re not a normal financial services company constrained by a fixed mindset and legacy systems.
We’re an AGILE business that dreams big and has the resources to deliver big (our largest systems are already 100% in the Cloud). We’re doing whatever it takes to protect our customers; the smartest new people, new technologies, new products, new ideas, new ways of thinking and working.
We invest in our Cyber team, using leading edge tech, our in-house Tech College and external training to keep the team ahead of the curve.
We play an active part in the wider community, hosting Cyber MeetUps at our offices in London, and sponsoring, promoting and attending Cyber events throughout the year.
"The Capital One UK Cyber business benefits from small company agility with big company resources."
Dicky Stafford, Director of Cyber Engineering
Are you the right fit?
You see opportunities to innovate and disrupt where others see obstacles and hurdles. You tell others how they can do something rather than telling them why they can’t.
You can convince, explain and reassure people at all levels, from business managers to developers.
You have an appetite to learn and enjoy the challenge of doing things that haven’t been done before (data streaming, machine learning). You apply rigorous engineering sense to deliver robust business servicing applications.
You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- A passion for learning and innovating
A lot of what we do is new, so you’ll learn by immersing yourself in the wider community, developing yourself and your team along the way.
- High quality work
We work in a rapidly changing business, so you’ll need a focus on delivering high quality work at a fast pace. Doing the right thing quickly is good; quick and dirty just won’t cut it.
- Team player
We have a ‘wade in and help’ mindset in Cyber. You’ll thrive on getting stuck in. You’ll give your own opinions, share your experiences and perspectives, and listen to those of colleagues. In doing so, you’ll learn and help others in the team learn from you.