At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Developer in Test - Services
We issued our very first credit card way back in 1996 and have since grown to become one of the UK's top ten card providers.
From day one, our business has been about helping people succeed with credit. From innovative tools like our QuickCheck eligibility checker, to the way we're driving positive change across the finance industry. It's no wonder we're the only card provider with a 4-star rated credit card from Fairbanking.
What you’ll do:
- get to work with other awesome software engineers as you forge together as a team empowered to iterate fast and deploy often. The primary language of the software engineers in services is Java, but that’s just a language and doesn’t make us who we are, so just knowledge of any OO language will help you. You will find that quality is never an afterthought with us, we are passionate about delivering quality to our customers and it forms part of our entire lifecycle.
- partner with the software engineers to build out our micro service architecture in the cloud. Holding the bar high to deliver the quality that our Customers deserve. As an evangelist for automated testing, you know this can only happen with the right framework, tools and infrastructure in place.
- solve some big problems and you will get to learn a lot of things along the way. Using tools and techniques such as BDD, Cucumber JVM, Gherkin, Gatling, Wiremock, Gradle, Maven and Jenkins. Working in a fast paced, high energy environment with great people in and outside of engineering at one of the best places to work in the UK.
What we’re looking for:
- Solid programming skills in your language of choice (not necessarily ours)
- Knowledge of web services, we mainly use RESTful APIs
- Working well with others, we do achieve this together after all
- Experience working in the cloud
- Knowledge of Agile practices
What’s in it for you:
- We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve.
- We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
- Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter tag.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
You'll get access to vast amounts of internal and external conferences and a dedicated internal training platform.
We are proud to support our local tech communities with various meet-ups and events for you to get involved in.
Live a healthy life with our private health insurance which is free for your family.
Stay in shape with our on-site gym in Nottingham and rooftop running track in London.
Work-life balance is important to us. So, we are open to flexible working to support your lifestyle.
We are able to support you with relocation if needed. And we offer an interest-free travel ticket and stock purchase plan.
Tech at Capital One
Each of us has our own experience with money. We strive to make this experience a positive one for our customers, so they can spend more time on what matters most to them.
We’re a lending company that was founded on the belief that technology and information can transform the industry. Still led by our founder with that vision, we are a successful global bank and one of the UK’s top credit card providers supporting millions of customers. We continue to evolve fuelled by our dynamic culture and capabilities at the forefront of technology to bring products and services to our customers that make managing their money easier.
We’re on our journey in the cloud and have challenges of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve. You will be shaping the industry in how we solve these problems using internal and external open-source solutions wherever possible.
We’re a financial services company with a tech mindset that runs throughout the business, setting us apart from others in the industry. We're organised into tribes, with each tribe made up of small teams that have autonomy in designing, developing and deploying applications into the cloud.
"The approach to quality here at Capital One has changed how I write code for the better"
Michael Gilchrist, Software Engineer II
Do you have what it takes to join the Tech team at Capital One? We’re looking for people with these key traits:
You are always looking to gain experience with new platforms and technologies.
You will have an enthusiasm for working collaboratively with engineers and product teams to achieve the best outcomes, the ability to communicate effectively and commitment to be part of a successful team.
You’ll use your drive and problem-solving skills to solve technical challenges and design solutions that deliver great experiences to our customers.
Your career path
We don’t believe there’s only one way to progress your career. At Capital One, you can choose the path that’s right for you.
Find your tribe
At Capital One, we never stay still for long. We embrace change, we innovate and we find better ways to do things. Our ‘Tribes’ consist of multiple teams who share an over-arching business goal. A shared purpose, technical expertise and range of perspectives allow teams to create meaningful experiences for our customers. So whatever your skills, interests or experience – there’s a Tribe for you at Capital One: