At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Strategic Account Manager
What you’ll be doing:
We are passionate about the credit card products we offer and want to reach as many new customers as possible, that’s where you come in. As part of our Commercial Partnerships team
you’ll manage, optimise and grow our co-branded partner relationships.
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, your responsibilities include;
- End-to-end account management of our co-branded partnerships from day to day approval and monitoring of marketing to negotiating key elements of our commercial relationship
- Optimising all aspects of partnership performance with the primary aim of delivering growth for Capital One and our partners
- Strategic thinking aimed at evolving our partnerships to maintain market dominance
- Implement initiatives designed to grow our partnerships through collaboration with departments across the business including brand, legal and technology
What we expect to see:
We seek candidates with excellent problem solving skills and commercial judgement to drive strategies with our partners. Specifically we are looking for;
- Experience of managing relationships and driving commercial decisions – with an ability to assimilate data from various sources, make accurate judgment based decisions and solve problems autonomously. We’ll be delighted if this has been within a mass market consumer of B2B2C environment
- A great communicator…you’ll need to be able to effectively convey messages to our marketing partners and senior stakeholders within the business so it’s imperative that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative…you’ll be required to work with associates from across the business; from Legal & Compliance, Service Management, Technology and Operations but you’ll be the first port of call of questions/requests from our partners so you’ll need to understand where to steer these and get the right people on board
- Tenacious…in any regulatory environment, it’s essential that we have suitable processes and governance in place on both the business and partners side as well as ensuring that the best terms possible are negotiated which requires a being able to balance the needs of both parties
- Diplomatic…having a natural instinct for what will work for the benefit of both parties and being able to sell ideas and steer conversations in the right way so that Capital One’s aims are met overall
What’s in it for you:
We offer exciting and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers).
Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans and a cycle to work scheme
Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. Our London office hosts a rooftop running track and was recently recognised as one of Glassdoor’s ‘Unbelievable Offices’.
Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/)
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).