At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As Third Party Manager you will report directly to the Director of the UK Business Risk Office.
You should be a risk and control focused individual with a passion for developing effective controls to mitigate key business risks.
- Delivering robust oversight of the end to end procurement cycle - from strategy to sourcing and selection, contracting and contract/vendor management and termination
- Overseeing overall third party spend, in liaison with finance to support LOBs/AE functions ensure value for money
- Challenge and make robust the control environment including PRIME documentation and control effectiveness
- Maintaining dialogue with US ESM and ORM as well as with business areas to encourage compliance and consistency
- Ensure full documentation (using recognised processes within Capital One UK) is adequate and appropriate as well as consistently applied
- Facilitate Procurement Risk Gate (PRG) meeting and actions
- Provide oversight to UK Sourcing Waver process and act as escalation point to Enterprise/Second line as appropriate
- Training in policy expectations of AEs and Vendor Managers
- Monitoring of adherence to policy and independent escalations point for sourcing
- Establish a Community of practitioners across the procurement life cycle to promote shared best practice, insight and improvement
We have recently implemented a new structure for Procurement within Capital One and as a result you will initially be responsible for the design and delivery of first line oversight of the Procurement life cycle.
This will include;
- All aspects of the procurement life cycle, processes, documentation and controls
- Sourcing procedures and oversight
- Reporting of expenditure and savings
- Ongoing Third Party oversight
- Liaison with, sharing of best practice from and dissemination of information from US Parent (ESM and ORM)
- To help manage the culture of Risk Management amongst the leadership team, escalating where appropriate
- To support the Leadership team in creation/maintenance of demonstrable evidence to support Enterprise Risk and Enterprise Compliance requirements
Required skills and experience:
- A good understanding of Enterprise Risk policy standards and/or Operational Risk Management
- Previous experience of Process Management and Operational Risk Management an advantage
- Experience in the application of risk management practices and processes and policy monitoring, ideally within a procurement function
- Detail orientated with good analytical and organisational skills and financial acumen
- Able to deliver quality and timely reporting in accordance with Capital One’s Enterprise Risk Policy
- Self-managing - able to work independently and as part of a team, leveraging team strengths
- Customer focus - able to build relations, meeting corporate and internal customer needs
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively in both written and verbal form
- Ability to challenge and influence Senior and Process Managers when necessary
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).Apply now